buying question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I noticed in an earlier post that a $5000 discount off MSRP is possible on an '08 model. I've located a leftover 2007 model with an MSRP of just over $33,900. For those in the know.....what would you consider to be a fair selling price? Current rebates in my area total $3500 on an '07 model.

Thanks.

I would check the kely blue book fair market value. Being that the '08s are here the markdown should be greater than the $5K of the '08. Might even fall in the catagory of used prices.

I don't think it will quite as low as used, but it should be $2000 or $3000 below new since it is a model year old. Depreciation has already set in, even though the 07 hasn't left the dealer.

K98,

What is it? 2wd, 4wd; XLT, Limited; V6 or V8. Also, what major options (leather, moon roof?)

The '07V8 Limited MSRPs for just under $30k.

Since this is a left over, and trucks that get 15mpg aren't in high demand right now, I would suspect you can get a deep discount and the dealer can eat quite a few of the options.

Go to www.edmunds.com and plunk in all the stats and the options. That website still has "NEW" '07 ST pricing...for how much longer I don't know.

Figure out what the TMV others are paying is, and subtract the rebates from that. Then, deduct even more (say another $1K), and offer that to your dealer.

Not knowing anything about the vehicle, my gut tells me you should be looking to pay not much more than $27K...because if you pay much more than that and not much down you will very likely be in negative equity for some time.

Go in with your own, rock-bottom financing from a third-party. Costco is good, believe it or not. Do the math as to which costs you less overall; full rebates + third party financing; Ford financing and partial rebates. Go with whatever saves in the long run.

P.S. Another pricing option after going the Edmunds route is to ask the dealer what the invoiced price is. They should be willing to tell you. If you get the options right, Edmunds will typically calculate the MSRP to match what you already know ($33.9K), and also indicate the invoice.

Knowing invoice will be helpful as the dealer should be more than willing to sell an '07 at invoice price, less applicable rebates.

If they are not, then I would probably NOT do the deal. For that matter, you should be able to get an '07 for under invoice (not including rebates). Push for that. Simply ask them.

Good luck.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
If it does not have the power rear windo, Skip on it, That is 1 of the best things about the ST !!!

Todd Z

I didn't even know some of the new ST's came without the power window. I can't understand why Ford would make a model without it - I have to agree, it's one of the best things about the tracQ

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts