~ Busted Mirror

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
Well it happened to me!

I was backing into the garage and was a little close....on purpose. I leaned over to pull in the passenger mirror and my foot slipped onto the the gas pedal...CRACK there goes the mirror against the garage wall!

Need to get a replacement for it....anyone have an idea if I can get the mirror only or do I have to get the full thing?

I bet Dingo can send you one!

That really sucks! I bet you had a few words for the event.

Hope you moved your hand out of the way ninja quick!

Auto part stores used to carry replacement glass for the mirrors, but I havent' seen it in a while. I would think someone still carries these...

Thansk guys (YOur Quick) I just got off the phone with the Dealership...they have a replacement mirror (Glass only) in stock for $32.43

They said it will be easy to install myself...I guess it has tabs on the back that just press into the holder!? I will pick it up today.

Maybe his arm dampened the impact! We all know the kind of dedication Nocturnal has for his STA. In his mind; Limb < STA Mirror!

Last edited by a moderator:
TJR said:
How did you break the glass of the mirror without busting the housing all to crap?

The outside of the mirror is a little scraped up with the color of my garage....easy fix to clean off and/or paint. Not sure how I got away with the damage I did , but I am happy it's only a $32 mistake......unless I run into some complication tonight!

I will take pics and get part numbers for you guys.....maybe make it a proj?

The outside of the mirror is a little scraped up with the color of my garage....easy fix to clean off and/or paint.

Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Worked for me when I made a similar move with my mirror when backing out of the garage.

Sorry, I forgot about the fact that the Gen 2 mirrors are body-color painted. My Gen 1 mirror is just black plastic.

Dont mean to hijack so please dont dwell on this question, but does the MR Clean magic erase marker help get buffing wax off of the plastic trim ?

Shaun,

To remove wax off the plastic trim, use a plain old gum eraser. I've used this trick for years, and it works every time.

[Broken External Image]:

I have seen the replacment mirrors at super walmarts, advance, orielys, carquest, AZ and pep boys. As to a match??. Bet would be less than $32..

DINGO said:
Insert large flat screwdriver. Twist. Take new glass. Push.

Project complete.

No so in this case!

I got into the install tonight and found out that I broke a few pieces of the motor inside ($32). Good news is that the motor is available seperate from the mirror assembly ($129)

so it is gonna cost me a total of $64.