Business Savy Part 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
Here is a LINK for my invoice. How can I convert this to excel or a database? I have MS office 03. All the templates I find are for ms 07 and above.

What is your goal? Do you want to have data print on these forms after you load the data into a database (or excel) on a computer, or do you want to be able to enter information directly on the form itself?

What would be your ideal situation? Moving theis form to excel would be fairly easy, but I would guess you have a need that the current form can't fill.

Dave

Why do you need to convert it? The form I pull up will let me type intot the document? Just curious.

'07 ST:eek:nline:

Droll, I guess if I went this way,, I would like the form to come up and I just fill in the blanks, then save and print the form. Where are the days of the simple flat databasses.... 07',, I know you can edit the form that comes up, but if I click in the wrong place,,, there goes my form....

I don't know,,, maybe it would just be simple to use the hardcopy invoices from the printer man...

That's REAL close Jd... If'n I was wishin' .... the TCLA and sig block could be left alone,, I would like to tab accross, field by field, line by line, and the "other" block would need to be data entry. And then be able to save each form individualy. That's if I was wishing....:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Redownload the same file. I made some changes. Now sure what you mean by saving individually, all you have to do is click save-as and call it smithinvoice2010.pdf or whatever..

that's great,,, just 2 things... 1st (forgot) I need to be able to put in a changeable price next to the labor @ ____ HR,,,, and I can't save as anything with data in the form. Only blank

Oh I think you need Acrobat Pro.. kind of forgot that part since I have it.

Can you export it with data filled in?

If you can't save it isn't not going to work I assume, so I won't waste my time fixing the other stuff until there is an answer on that one..

LaRue,

pretty sure I can do what you want, running out the door. Sold my old Jet Skis and the guy has cash....

Be back in about 2 hours and see what I can do for you..

Later..

THANKS>>>> Kevin,,, don't waste a lot of time...... but,,,,, if you can do this,, can you make it total the costs? Going to Columbia to see the kids today... Be back later:driving::haveabeer:

LaRue,,,

Take a look at this.

NOTE Note NOTE NOTE NOTE.......

I have NOT locked any of the cells as of yet. Want that to be the LAST thing I do as it takes some time to click and protect them.

Tell me if you want ANY changes.

Does the text look ok?

Format / layout the way you want it?

Put a quantity on the left, and the SINGLE price of the item in the PRICE column and it will do the rest.

You have no place for tax, do you want a place for it.

Call me if you need to explain something specific, I will e-mail you my phone, (though I know you have it).

Also, due to the TOTAL cell looking at 24 other cells I am not able to clear the number 0 (zero) right now. Was able to do it in all the other math cells as they are looking at ONLY one other cell to make the math work.

Will continue to think about how to do it...

Later...

Last edited by a moderator:
If it wont open from this link, it is in my library under your name, opens right up from there for sure.

Plus,, I mailed it to your profile e-mail...

Larue - Business Savy Part III - was thinking about your website the other day and believe we may have been overlooking one of the major points of a website - collecting info from people to be able to send them 'reminders'

Put a form to collect info from anyone that comes to the site and you can then market to them and send coupons or other marketing materials. Of course let them know they are opting in and can opt out at any time.

JT#14

I think that is a good idea.

For example,,, you could have a yearly lock maintenance package. Will inspect and lubricate your house locks for 29.99 or 39.99.

This will keep a nice repair as well as likely sell a service once you are at a home.

Something to think about..

Latest posts