"Burned" CD's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Miller 3

Reaction score
When I bought the ST and Taurus last year, my salesman told me not to play "burned" CD's in the CD player. Apparently, the blank CD's that are "burned" are a little thicker than the store bought ones and have a tendency of getting jammed. Has anybody played "burned" CD's in their players with or without incident?

Thanks Gang!

Dan

I don't have any problems with mine, but I have heard of problems with the sticker-type labels some people put on them wrinkling and make them stick. I do have an aftermarket unit BTW.

Dan, I have an '05 Adrenalin with the Pioneer head unit and I have played many "burned" cds without any incident. I also have an '03 Explorer with the Audiophile 6 disc in dash changer unit and haven't had any problems with cds becoming stuck. I don't use labels, I just write on the disc with a Sharpie.

Hope this helps!

Dan,

For the last 6 or 7 years I have been "Burning" cd and playing them in all my players never had a problem. Including my DVD player.

I have played my cd's in mt ST with out any problems.

YES you can play Burned CD's in your radio.

I buy the cheapest blank CD's I can find and they work well. Best Buy usually has the 50 pack for around $20.00.;)

Same here, but I have an aftermarket Pioneer head unit in my '05 now. Don't recall having any issues with my OEM unit before replacing it though.

Most of the cd's that I play are burned, the only issue I recall was using cd's with a label maker.

D-

I have never had problems with cd-r's. ONLY had problems with labels on cd-r's. It increases the thickness and they start to come off easily.

I have the 6 CD changer in my 01 ST all filled with "burned cds". I did get them caught once, but that was because i was trigger happy with the eject button and then selected a cd to play before the cd ejected. I slipped another cd into the opening (part way in) and out came the cd that was causing the traffic jam.

I havent had a problem since then.

If your overly concerned, ask an car audio shop, and don listen to everything the sales person from the dealer says. Giving what they deem helpful tips makes them seem like they care. another selling gimmic.

Happy Burning :D

DanG

I only play burned MP3 disks in my Adrenalin HU. The salesperson person probably heard, and misunderstood, the warning about using stick on labels on CDR's.

I do not keep origional CD's in my ST. Too easy to get damaged/lost/stolen. If they are damaged, I pitch them and burn a new disk.

The sticky labels I would avoid in the car radios. They are a gooey mess when they get warm (which my ST radio gets VERY warm on road trips). Other than that... Enjoy!

As already stated, he's full if it. Just don't use the labels. They will cause the disc feeders not get a good hold of the disc and not eject it. Other than that, Lightscribe discs and regular CD-R discs work fine in my OEM HU.;)

I have the 6 cd changer and have had problems with labels and cd's getting stuck. I stopped using labels and they were fine, however I seem to still get ocassional stuck cd's for some unknown reason. i actually gotta slid a credit card in a bit to free it up. I also been having an issue with my latest burned cd's that I had not had before. When i burn music it starts skipping about 1/2 way through the cd? I try the cd somewhere else and it's fine. I can still hear all non-burned discs entirely and my other burned cd's but the new ones lately are

a problem. I am using a new burn program and the cd's been around for a while so maybe that is part of the problem.....?

I play only burned cd's in my '02 OEM player. I just use a Sharpie to write on the cd. No labels on mine and have never had a problem other than a skip here and there if I hit a big bump.

joseymack, it's the CD's causing that problem. I used to have them sound like a vinyl record at about track 3. Then at about track 6, they would act like they were skipping, (but would play fine at work on the player there), then they would quit playing all together. Changed to Maxell's and no problems since.;)

Latest posts