Buried Treasure Under Rubber Flooring (Whoa!)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swshawaii

Staff member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Very early Spring cleaning start for the Trac.

Bought used almost 2 years ago at 46K miles.

Removed A/B pillars and floor trim plates to clean and

solve my elusive mystery rattle. Found 17 coins, most touching metal.

Lots of sand, dirt, pebbles, sticks, critters, and RUST.

The contents in the plate was from the passenger side only!

Hoping WeatherTech will produce DigitalFit molded mats

for the ST. Don't care for the Nifty Catch-All models. Any leads?

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I 'm not looking forward to the spring when I gut the interior to do the same thing, I know it gonna be nasty. I really like the floor mat in the last picture. Who makes that floor mta and where can I get a pair? Those would prevent tons of dirt, etc. form getting down under the rubber flooring.

:supercool::banana:

Jerry- Was not a pleasant surprise what I found down there.

Trying to find a way to seal the channels from debris, not permanent

since they contain wiring. Maybe 3M body sealant or silicone under the trim edge.

Mats shown are the WeatherTech DigitalFit model n/a for any ST's.

Good idea, although sound absorption is not a priority in this location.

Would DynaMat bond to the textured rubber with the temperature change?

It'll stick to anything with the tar but won't be removable without alot of work. Do they make them for the Explorer Sport or eventhe Explorer would be the same, right?

Check their web site or call. Know they make an Explorer and Ranger model.

Pretty sure the floor and anchor hole pattern would be different though. GL

My buddy dumped about 5000 AirSoft BB's in my ST and went all over, including under the mats. Still finding them to this day (This event happened 3 years ago) :banghead:

Had an annoying rattle in my ST this weekend. Searched all over the cabin for the culprit, and about to start taking things apart, when my son asked me to help him get his scooter out of the bed! Rattle found! Next time, include bed in rattle search.

i have weathertech floor liners in 2 of my vehicle.

it sux they don't make them for your ST.

they are awesome and fit so well.

r3v

i kno how that is, my buddy dropped a brand new canister of 10000 airsoft bbs in my backseat 4yrs ago, and i still find one here and there when i clean... its so annoying!

If you need to treat the rust you find there I recommend "Extend" by Permatex/Loctite or POR-15. Works great!

57815482191b67b60d36ccce6d504a6a.jpg

My best find was in a salvage Bronco II back 15 years ago, a ruby ring values at several hundred bucks. :grin: Next was in a salvage Taurus, $23.00+ in coins :haveabeer:......strange you could lose that many coins. :banghead: My Sport Trac was covered inside with corn kernels .........WTF was the owner doing with all that CAWUN when he crashed???? Baiting a field maybe?:fire: The 2004Dakota I just bought .............4 poop diapers:sad:, they were saving them maybe???:throwup: Found his drivers learners permit too. Guess he was better @ making babies than driving.:cry:

When I graduated high school my mom thought it would be sweet to fill my '69 Cougar with balloons and confetti. I have had the interior completely out a couple times since and still find confetti every time. At least it doesn't make noises, though, I've got enough of those.

LMAO at Steve M. How the hell did they leave 4 poopy diapers in the car when they sold it??? Where were they? Under the seat or something? WTF???

:bwahaha:

When I took my seats out for the switch to leather last week.... I found $29 in change. 6 years of lose change.... Well thats alot of coffee!

Latest posts