Bumper mod

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Butler

Reaction score
Im new here and also kinda curious about a bumper mod like in the link. I was wondering if you just cut the bumper, and if that is the case, is it legal?

Thanks yall,

Dan

lol thanks to all. Yea, it's something I dont want to do, but with the 3" lift I put on my truck, I'm not sure how to cut the bumper to make the mask fit properly. Getting desperate lol. Would post a picture but batteries are dead.

First make sure hhe battery's disconnected and pull the airbag fuse. Put the bumper cover up in place and push in alittle, you may need to adjust the lift brackets and steel bumper up/ down to properly fit the cover back on. After that put the cover back in place and just start bolting it back on one bolt at a time from each side top/bottom/sides, loosely so you can adjust the cover into position. It took me a couple adjustments to get mine to fit and it fit snug but it's on. Hopefully this helps.:haveabeer::banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks jerry. Sorry about the post in the other thread. :banghead: You must've posted right before I asked lol :grin:

I just saw your post on my thread. I would answer, but I don't think I can say it any better than Jerry did. Hope it works out for you. Be sure to post pictures when you're done.

Thanks :grin: I took more pictures where the problem is with my bumper. I screwed with it for about an hour and dropped it down as far as it could go (about an inch) but still it looks kinda iffy.. Im not sure if I need to cut the bumper, modify the brackets or what =\

I finally got batteries for my camera and uploaded some photos to the library.

The last 3 photos show the bumper issue. :sad:

Ok, I get it now. The problem is you didn't cut the bumper enough like the instructions show, also you probably didn't trim the bumper cover openings bigger either. Just by looking at the linked photo I can tell that's the problem. Look at front end photos of mine and you see the differences.

Here's a picture of mine, look close at the frame ends and how I have the bumper cut all the way to clear and the openings in the bumper cover trimmed to completely clear the frame and bumper.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Ah ok I see what you mean :grin: Thanks so much for the help. I was beating my brains out trying to figure out what was wrong. lol. Do you have spacers on your wheels? Your truck has a rugged look to it.

Yeah, I'm running 1.5" spacers front/ rear but I think the spacers on the front are making the tires rub on the back of the front fenders and toeboards over when they're turned fully. I have 3" BL, 1.5" TT, WP lift shackles and am running 285/75/16's. I know other members running same setup with 1" spacers up front and aren't getting the rub like mine. I'm thinking of seeling the front sapcers and getting 1" spacers for the front but not till I get back to work.

Latest posts