bulb suggestion for Gen 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsiegel

Reaction score
Time to replace my headlight bulbs.

Changes my foglight bulbs and now my foglights are brighter than my headlights. I put in JDM ASTAR 1200 Lumens Extremely Bright 144-EX Chipsets H10 9140 9145 LED Bulbs with Projector for DRL or Fog Lights, Xenon White.

Looking for the whitest brightest bulb that can be a direct replacement plug and play. Not wanting to wire anything or convert anything.

Thanks in advance

bugsiegel,

Check my last post in "Fog lights with high beams".

In your case, you may need to check your headlight alignment. Gen2 Sport Tracs have better headlights than the Gen1 Sport Tracs. Depending upon how much light you expect or how much you want to spend...SilverStar Ultras are probably the best lighting value. But be sure to check that your headlight alignment is correct before buying new bulbs....if your headlights are aimed wrong, new bulbs won't help.

Also be sure that the existing bulbs are installed correctly. Sometimes the bulb and socket can be installed a little crooked and that causes the bulb to be out of alignment and the light beam is way off aim even though the headlight housing is in perfect alignment. This can happen if you/someone changed bulbs and did not get the bulb inserted properly. It happened to me when installing SilverStars......The bulb was inserted, but the bulb socket did not seat properly and the light output was worse than the OEM bulbs. We all make mistakes :banghead: After a few minutes of trying to figure out what went wrong, I discovered and corrected my error......Wow, what a difference.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Just replaced both head lights with led lights. had to do a little wiring but it was worth the cost of only $75.00. My St is a 07 Adrenlin. Yes that year is correct. converted. Owned this 07 since 2009, and it looks like it just came off the showroom.:driving: