Built Ford tough (or tougher than a deer)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith McElroy

Reaction score
I hit a deer this morning on my way to work. I was only doing about 30 mph, hit it broadside and launched it about 15-20 feet. Felt like I hit a tree. It was too dangerous to stop where I was so I waited to check out the ST once I got to work (and in the light). Other than bits of fur stuck here and there, I had NO DAMAGE! I'm going to look underneath 2nite to make sure the front plastic wasn't broken loose and/or I'm not missing anything, but it looks perfectly fine.

Before you ask, I don't know the condition of the deer. Guess I'll look for it 2nite on my drive home. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a similar situation with no damage. except my deer was a honda civic and an eighty year old lady that doesnt know how to use a rear view mirror

Maybe if you doubled your speed you could have pre-cooked it on the engine!! See the pic in my library (didn't happen to me just got the e-mail and I couldn't figure out how to post a picture everytime I hit the add picture from my library it would say I didn't have any pictures)

Geez, how fast do you have to hit one to do that?

A friend of the family had one come through her windshield when she hit it. Right in the middle of town in the middle of the day.

That would be the pic. Apparantly the guy was doing 140mph in germany. I don't know if that cooks it medium rare or well done. I bet its tender as heck though!!:D

140mph in some areas, depending on road conditions, on the autobahn is perfectly legal, though it is more likely he was going 140 kph. I think 140 mph would have caused the deer and front end of the car to disintegrate.

Oh yeah, and that isn't a Ford. It is clearly built "ford" tough by Barvarian Motor Werks (BMW) :cool:

Glad you and the ST are OK, eledhel. To heck with the deer. Here's what one did to my wife's Sube last summer.

[Broken External Image]:

So, in return, I killed it's daddy in the fall. :cool:

[Broken External Image]:

Mua ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!

:lol:

Its sleeping so peacefully in your bed. How did you get it to lay there so still? I am sure any PETA animals are happy to see it there, that is People for the Eating of Tasty Animals not those other yahoos :p:p:p:p

In a rare case of Dad wrecking son's car....:blink:

(pics deleted)

I missed him as best I could but he kinda bounced off the left side of the car. New door, fender, and front bumper.

*EDIT*

I mucked up my Cardomain site trying to update it and lost everything already there.

Latest posts