~ Build Date Production Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
Curious to see if anyone else knows thier Build Date!?

Is there a way to find out what the First Vin number was off the line for the 2008 Model year!?

What about what the first vin number was of the first Adrenalin in 2008!?

Just curious casue the last part of my VIN number is:

1FMEU33818UA76100

DOes this mean it is the 100th Sport-Trac off the line!? Certainly NOT the 76,100th one right!?

somebody posted a web site link where you could get a copy of the original of the original window sticker in a pdf file sometime in 9/09, as i did it and got the file.

Oh I have teh original window sticker and a letter stating what my build date is....I was just curious to se if anyon knew of a way to find out a little more detail.

Most specifically what the firt VIN # showing production number was of the First Adrenalin or Sport-Trac in 08

I would say 76100 is the 76,100th Explorer to come off of the assembly line.

Sport Trac's are actually Explorer Sport Trac's.

Tom

There is a way to decipher the VIN to determine what the car is actually equipped with in terms of oem equipment/options. I have the method of madness for my Mazda 3, google it and see what comes up. I think car collectors, etc., use this method to determine if the car is truly "original" as advertised per say, factory options, etc. I know each digit has some meaning, maybe ford could help you out.

Mine was assembled in May of 2008, and the last five digits were 12500. Also look on the egde of the door when you open it and there is a sticker there that gives the build date. BC

BobC:

My truck was built sometime in late 2007 (I bought it in March 08) and my last five on VIN is higher than yours!! This is odd....could it be that there is no method to teh madness here!?

If my 76100 is higher than your 12500 but mine was built before yours this makes no sense to me!?

jip: I have looked at teh VIN decoders and found all the info except the specific details on the last five of production.

Thats because yours is an '07 with numbers for that run. In the '08 model year, they start back at 00001. Does that sorta make sense? BC

Thats because yours is an '07 with numbers for that run. In the '08 model year, they start back at 00001. Does that sorta make sense? BC

Nope. First, IceMan's STA is a 2008. Second, the model year starts in the fall, with the production run usually beginning in August or September. So the 2008 model-year Sport Tracs began production in the fall of 2007.

I plugged your VIN into my catalog and it came back with a build date of 1/17/2008.

TrainTrac, the model year doesn't always start in the fall. The 1997 F150 went on sale January 1, 1996. There are 2011 models coming out this spring like the 2011 SuperDuty.

TrainTrac, the model year doesn't always start in the fall. The 1997 F150 went on sale January 1, 1996. There are 2011 models coming out this spring like the 2011 SuperDuty.

Roger,

You're correct. But in most cases, that's when an automaker is introducing a new vehicle, or wants to unveil a major refresh/redesign of an existing model. Generally speaking, if there's no significant changes to a vehicle, the new model year begins in the fall, just like what we're discussing here with IceMan's Sport Trac.

Latest posts