Bugatti Veyron into a lagoon

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomT

Reaction score
This happened recently nearby.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcom8_ArYA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcom8_ArYA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well...If you can afford a Bugatti Veyron, Then i think you should be able to afford to have it sent back to Italy to have it repaired. $1.6 mill.+ for the worlds fastest production car.

the Article says the pelican "distracted" him and didn't mention anything about him swerving to avoid it.

About 3 p.m. a low-flying pelican distracted him as he traveled north on Interstate 45 just south of the hurricane levee near Omega Bay.

The man jerked the wheel, dropped his cell phone, and the cars front tire left the frontage road and entered a muddy patch, which foiled his attempt to maneuver away from the lagoon.

Not only was he easily distracted by his surroundings, he was ON HIS CELLPHONE. That is a $2 million mistake right there. It sounds to me like his next car should be a Pontiac Sunfire.

He should have gotten one of those amphibius cars, then he'd be ok...:lol:

Remember Risky Business..."Who's the U-boat commander?"....:lol::lol:

Uh, cell phone. That car has blue tooth. Salt water damage. I will give him $20k for it...:lol:

It sounds to me like his next car should be a Pontiac Sunfire.

He needs a Kia Soul. The Sunfire even is too good for him...he's demoted to the korean knockoff cars.

Funny as I just saw that scene from the movie Billy Jack recently. It wasn't a pelican that made him do it--it was Tom Laughlin. :lol:

What a jacka$$.. Throw the book at him!! Bring back the guillotine to Texas!! Waste of a work of art on some schmuck.. ok I will get back on my meds....:banana:

Pelican my azz,just trying to cover his butt, note the wing is in the up position.

It only deploys at speeds in excess of 140 MPH.

Here's another link to the video Bill just posted.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Video-of-Bugatti-Crashing_719255.htm

Yeah, a "pelican"...I watched the video twice, and he's got no case.

That's a crisp picture for what they suspect is a camera phone.

But considering the speed of the car relative to the cameraman's ride and the cars that he's passing, unless they're also getting pretty high in speed (unlikely as the camera car looks like a generic wimpy sedan in the side mirror sots), I don't think the wrecked car is going 140+ mph.

That's one impressive wave though. Moron.

The driver was Andy House, who owns an exotic auto salvage business, not Eddie Griffin. Apparently, he does own Eddie Griffin's crashed Enzo though...:wacko: