Browsing for another lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The link shows the Warrior WAR-153 shackles, which are the favored units to use. That's what I put on my old '05 Trac.

A sprung-over conversion will get you 6" to 7" of lift in the rear and the problem is making the front level with the rear.

Looked at the spring over conversion. That actually looks kind of fun, but yea I'm trying to find a way to level the front end. I know the torsion twist will help some, but not fully.

The shackles get you 1.25", the most you should turn the torsion bars is 1.5". With that you can run a 32" tire or a narrow 33". Any higher and you'll need either a body lift ($250 plus install) or the Superlift suspension lift ($2000 plus install), assuming your Trac is a 4x4.

Here is my old Trac with TT and shackles and 32's.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea sh*t :banghead: I forgot to say I have a 3" lift on there. So my cheapest options before a suspension lift would be the torsion twist and the shackles if im correct? :eek:nline:

Yep, if you google superlift I remember there being a couple companies out there selling frontend lifts and leafsprings seperately. Just a suggestion.

First, I want to say you're ST is looking really good. Can't tell from the picture, what is your wheel and tire combination and size?

The shackle lift is cheap and very easy. $65-$70 and 20-30 minutes. I would say try that out and wait a week or so to see if you feel like you need to raise the front up. I don't like the idea of a TT, but many people prefer them. Either way, the shackles are worth the money and effort. You'll see just by comparing the Warrior shackles next to OEM.

My wheels are 16" rims and my tire size (i forgot the numbers) but they are 31s. I'm really looking into the shackles but am also wondering about the spring over conversion, if I do that, would I be able to pass inspection? :banana:

I don't know a thing about inspection. We just have emissions around Atlanta, and I'm moving to south Georgia soon where there are no inspections of any sort (at least that I know of).

If you do the SOA, you'll want to find a way to lift the front more to level it out some. There is no cost efficient way to do that. A solid axle swap would be your best bet for the front if you do decide to do spring over axle. Those are my eventual plans, but that may be awhile. Anybody with more knowledge about this is welcome to correct me.

wondering about the spring over conversion, if I do that, would I be able to pass inspection?

Laws vary by state. As long as the conversion is quality work with the welding, it should be okay. Where you might get a hassle is if your state has a maximum bumper height law.