Broken rivet in front door (lock system)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Insano

Reaction score
Hey I have an '02 sport trac and I have a problem right now with the driverside door. The rivet on the door, in the door jamb area is broken. Now when you try to lock the door with the power locks it wont lock all the way because the lock mechanism seems to pivet where the broken rivet is; so now it's loose. Has anyone had this problem before? I'm hoping to find some tips or tricks ahead of time so I can save myself alot of messing around, plus this is probably going to be some weird sized rivet too. I dont know if I'll be able to reach into there at all to hold things still while I try to refasten the pivet point. :btddhorse:

It is a common problem. You will have to remove the door panel. It will take some patience and a little ingenuity but you can do the repair.

I had the same issue on my '02... PITA!!! I drilled the mechanism from outside and put a self tapping screw in.... go slow, as the plastic will render the drill useless if it gets hot...

Latest posts