Broken into...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
Came back to the Trac last night after going through the Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens on Galveston Island to find one of the windows broken out and my wife's purse gone. They also took a bag with some of my son's HotWheels and a cheap calculator. She only had a few dollars in it, and her debit card and checks have already been cancelled, but replacing her drivers license and locking up our credit for a while will be a pain. Now the Trac has a nice cardboard window until we can get the glass replaced.

sux. happy holidays to the scum who did it :fire:

lesson, never leave valuables/id or anything like that in your vehicle

It'll cost more to replace the broken window than they got from the theft. I have to wonder, though, why they picked my 8 year old Trac to hit when there were so many more expensive and newer vehicles around it? I hadn't even washed it this week!

Probably picked your Trac because the valuables were out in sight? I always shove stuff under the seats or at least put a jacket over them. Stuff that can be seen is just candy tempting a hungry baby.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Theirs this time of year target and watch people leaving their vehicles, most women carry purses and when they saw she got out without hers, well ya know what happened next. Hopefully you can get the window replaced soon so it doesn't happen again.

People are idiots. There was a local lady here whose house was broken into a few days before Christmas. They took all of the presents but it was all she could afford for her 8 year old kid. A bunch of people ended up sending her gifts to give her kid which far exceeded what she could afford. There are some grinches out there, but there are also some nice people too.

knock on wood, my vehicles have only been broken into one time, and that was on my F-150, they smashed the triangular shaped vent glass and only stole a quarter. It was at a bus park and ride so they either got spooked or they needed enough change for the bus. I had 8 CD's under the arm rest, but could be seen easily.

Neighbor down the street had their mini-van passenger window smashed as it was parked outside their house the other night.

I never understood two things:

1) Why pack ones garage with crap to the point you can't park your cars within?

2) Why leave a purse (or other valuables) in a locked car, in plain sight, for any length of time, especially overnight?

I know...don't blame the victim. But, at a certain point, dirtbags are going to pick their victim. Making it easier or more appealing to pick you is never wise, IMHO.

TJR

I moved her purse to the back seat floor under the seat, but I may not have been careful enough.

The police officer that showed up saw my first aid kit sticking out from under the seat and said they may have mistook it for a bag or case of some kind and went after that, and then took the purse instead.

My garage is packed with workspace for woodworking, bike tools and parts, and auto tools, although I could rearrange it a bit more efficiently. The main problem is our garage really isn't big enough for both trucks, and the wife's truck would normally go in the garage. But hers doesn't fit (too long!), and I'm the one that needs to stay nearest the street since I'm the one that goes to work early in the morning.

The Galveston police called and said they have at least part of her stuff, so we're going down there tomorrow to see what was found. Someone found it on the beach. The money isn't important (maybe 7-8 dollars), the cards and checks have been shut off, and the purse and cosmetics can be replaced. The main things she wants back are the pictures of her friends and family she had in her wallet.

I moved her purse to the back seat floor under the seat, but I may not have been careful enough.

If you did that after you parked it, you may have given away the fact that you were hiding something. This is a common way of scum bags looking to rip people off...

My old Trac was broken into and two windows smashed while sitting overnight at the Ford dealer.

They replaced the glass and detailed the whole truck and gave me $150 for the CD's that were stolen plus a new XM receiver. The whole thing kinda baffled me until the cop told me that the thieves probably thought my XM was a GPS.

The $350 Valentine One radar detector in a drawer under the rear seat, they never saw. :rofl:

Someone tried to break into my car once, I suspected the shitbag neighbors that had just moved in and proceeded to suddenly have enough money to put 20's on their POS camry. There were two or three cars stolen right after they moved in. I made sure that I came home from drill in uniform and then also made sure all my lights were on and my shades open while I cleaned my guns. They kept their distance from me and made sure their kids did the same. Now I have a house and a garage, my cars stay in it.

Latest posts