Bright Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott H

Reaction score
I see these bulbs on ebay and they claim to be really bright. For example...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-HID-6500K-HEADLIGHTS-9007-FORD-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQitemZ8039229357QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-9007-HEADLIGHTS-FORD-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-02-05_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQitemZ8035416500QQrdZ1

These are great prices. Does anyone have any of these? Think it would be a good investment?

Also, wouldn't it look funky with super bright headlights with lame stock foglights? Is there a way I can upgrade the foglights to look more like these HID lights? Thanks guys. You know your stuff.

Scott

Scott, I have the Silverstars and like them. Now if you are going to look at comparison, the Silverstars are rated at 4000k and the ones on E-Bay are 6500k. That would make the ones on E-Bay brighter but also hotter. You can run the risk of melting your housing. Plus the price sounds to good to me. I have seen those listed on E-Bay for quite some time and it's hard to say witch would be better. A "whiter" light (silverstars) or a "brighter" light. I think it's all a matter of opinion. Maybe you'll get lucky that someone on this site has gotten the ones off E-Bay and have compared them to the Silverstars. All I can tell you is that the Silverstars are much "whiter" than the stock ones I had in, and in my opnion were worth the money to get.;)

if you look at thye color spectrum the fact that they run at 6500K does not refer to how hot they run, or else the 14000K bmw HID's would melt everything. Basically as long as it runs at 55W low beam and 65W highbeam your safe. 6500K means its closer to the bluish end of the spectrum, as halogens run at around 3000k. Now persoanlly I have MTEC 9007 super whites (4350K) and 9005 MTEC super brights to match. Had silverstars before and I think these not only outperformed them but lasted longer (2 years same bulbs... my silver stars lasy 4 months... I know its not common for them to last that short of a time). Bit to each there own.

Dallas

Latest posts