Bridgestone or general

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Bartman

Reaction score
Hello Im shopping for tires and I always liked the bridgestone dualer at's but I never had the bridgestone dualer at revo's and I have seen that a lot of people on here are getting the general grabber at2's so what is everyones thoughts about both of these tires and what kind of mileage are people getting from these tires , thanks John

I have no experience with the General, but it appears to be a bit more off-road aggressive than the Revo (especially the Revo 2); somewhere between the BFG All Terrain and the Revo.

I am on my second set of Revos (not the Revo 2) and am getting about 60,000 miles on a set of five (I rotate the spare). I like the on- off-road balance for my driving habits (light off-road on weekends).

I keep the tires inflated correctly and have the wheels rotated and balanced, and an alignment at each oil change.

The Revo 2 is supposed to be a bit quieter. I suspect they give-up a bit of off-road traction. I may have to consider another tire.

BFG AT KO2

[Broken External Image]:

General Grabber AT2

[Broken External Image]:

Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo

[Broken External Image]:

Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally had to replace my STA 20 inch tires, as the Pirellis were worn out, 42,000 miles. Installed a set of Nitto 421's. Very quiet, and they grip the road.

Almost got those Bridgestone tires, but ended up with Firestone AT's and I couldn't be happier. Road, sand, mud, and snow have all had great performance experiences so far.

I put a new set of Bridgestone Duelers on my ST, simply because the last set I had lasted over 90,000 miles. Not bad for a 50,000 mile tire.

DUELER H/L ALENZA was my choice for my STA - huge ride improvement over the OEM Scorpions.....amazing ride difference....I went for wider too.

I had to replace those OEM Pirellis at 24,000 due to a side wall nail which they could not fix and because I have a STA with AWD I had to replace all of them. I did that with OEM Scorpions and then about 26,000 miles later the Scorpions were worn out again so I said enough of that. I went with the Dueler Alenza tires with a wide stance and much longer expected life.

I have always had very good service from replacement tires from Michelin or BF Goodrich. I have also been stung once by Bridgestone and twice by Generals, so I would not recommend them.

I am currently running some Coopers on my Trac that I simply could not pass up due to all the discounts and rebates that made them about 60% cheaper than anything from Michelin or BF Goodrich. So far, after a year and about 12,000 miles I have no complaints and the tread still looks as deep as new.

Latest posts