Bridgestone Dueller H/L Allenza vs. Destination LE's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyates

Reaction score
Anyone run these Dueller H/L Allenzas on their 2 wheel drive truck? I have Firestone Destination LE 2's now but am thinking about swapping using the 30 day swap that Firestone/Bridgestone allows. I like the Destinations except they are a little rough riding when cold and it concerns me for long-term usage a little as I look and see the number of weights they had to use to balance these new tires. Any thoughts? If you had the choice would you swap to the Dueller Alenza's H/L's? The Dueller's do cost a little more but I am willing to pay the difference if they are worth it based on experiences.

Thanks for the reply DoctorCAD. I, too, am coming to that conclusion that the Detinations are ok but I do not feel they will go the distance. On tirerack I have seen several reviews of the Dueller Alenza by Sport Trac owners and they really like them as well. Probably going to swap them out and upgrade. :) I am willing to spend the difference for the Dueller Alenza's, just can't go all the way to Michelin LTX's. :(

Thanks 01GoldST. I actually ran some Grabber HTS and HATED them!! By 20k they were noisy and rode rough, especially for a highway tire. Since I do not off-road my 2 wheel drive one I am sticking with a highway tire. I actually went ahead and decided to swap to the Dueller H/L Allenza's this morning. As soon as I got to the shop they looked at me and said "you are swapping out aren't you".

BF Goodrich Long Trail T/As have always treated me very well. I will keep buying them for my vehicles. They are everything I look for in a tire.

My '02 4x4 has Destination LEs. They are coming off before next winter! Good in several inches of snow, but no stopping or steering traction when it's slick.

Update - No regrets about switching to the Deuller H/L Alenzas!! Excellent tire for our 2 wheel drive trucks. Time will tell as far as longevity but I can say they ride as well as the Michellin LTX's we have on my wife's Explorer.