Brand New Hidden Hitch for Gen 1

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Uhl 2

Reaction score
I have a brand new hidden hitch that I bought over 15 years ago for my '01 ST and never installed. All hardware and instructions are included. I paid $100 at a U-Haul store back then.

For sale for $25 to someone in the Columbus, OH area. Can arrange to meet or can be picked up at my house in north Westerville. (Spring/Tussic Rd. & Maxtown Rd. area)

Is this the round bar version? If I pay shipping would you consider shipping to Texas?

Any Pics, and what is the weight.

Thanks, Eddie

Hey, Eddie!

Yes, it is the round bar version. It is a class III U-Haul model 78206, and you can view it and the weight capacities on their web site. I don't know or have the weight of the hitch itself, but after lifting, am guessing somewhere between 35 - 50 pounds or so.

Didn't really want to get into shipping this thing, but if I don't get any local takers I could ship if you tell me who to use, and assure me of payment. It wouldn't be cheap, as the thing is pretty long as well.

BTW, the listed price on the U-haul site is now $159.95. To be honest, I just want to get it out of my basement.

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Trailer-Hitches/2005-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-6-cyl.-Gas-4DR-4WD?vehicleId=32318&ship