Brakes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Tan

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been getting nervous about the stopping power of my ST (01 4wd) lately.

I changed the pads to ceramic and fitted Michelin cross terrain tires on it a year ago to help the stopping power, but these days it seems that it has a hard time stopping. It feels like the ABS is always comming on ( I can hear the tires locking and unlocking) when I am trying to slow down, instead of delivering smooth stopping power to the ground. I hate to bring it to Ford to check it (Its still under warranty), They always charge me an arm & a leg just to tell me thats the way the car was built. Any Advice appreciated. Thanks

David T

Re surface the rotors, and throw out the ceramic pads, i hate them....

If the abs is kicking in you have another problem..

Todd Z

I am with Todd on this one. The ceramic pads are so hard that they will wipe out your rotors as well.

Organic seem to be the most user friendly on your rotors and still give you a good stopping power. However, I doubt seriously they are available for the Trac. So go with Semi-Metallic pads as they will give you some life on the pads and still be soft enough not to kill the rotors as well as give you decent stopping power.

Latest posts