@#$%^& Brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince Coshenet

Reaction score
Had to do the front brakes again. And, again, one of the guide pins is rusted stiff. The same one as last time. Driver side lower. Thought I put enough lube/grease on it last time. Guess not.

:angry: :banghead: :fire: :sad:

Vince,

You just might want to get all new pins for brakes. I typically buy new hardware every other brake job or about every 100K miles. It's not that expensive, and it saves a lot of head aches in the long run, as you found out....a simple $2 pin can quickly ruin a $100 brake job.

....Rich

I take mine apart twice a year and lube the pins... I agree with rich.. get some new ones with new rubber boots.. very inexpensive...

Vince,

I just noticed that you live in the snow belt, and I suspect the salt and/or snow melt products they use may be accelerating the rust and corrosion of your brake hardware....I would recommend that you replace all your brake hardware with each brake job or about 50K miles.

...Rich

Yeah I need to do mine too......took it to my mechanic to get it checked out before the snow flies. He told me i need do them soon (spring) and I should replace the pads as well.

Job completed. Once I had the parts it was a breeze. Replaced the caliper bracket, pins and rubber boots on the driver side.:banana:

Latest posts