brakes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob k 2

Reaction score
Have to do my brakes this week front and rear..

my questions are what are stock rotors for a 04 sport trac? rock auto has prices from 20 bucks up

i dont want crap ones so what is a good price?

i have found rockauto to be pretty good on pricing....although i have only had experience with napa rotors so i cant comment on what brand to buy...i hear centric is good.....also I think rockauto separates the quality of the rotors by economy/daily driver/performance.....i'd buy daily driver...but you may want the performance ones i guess its personal preference.

What kind of warranty do you get with the $20 rotors? If you get a warranty of say 50K miles or better, it's probably a good deal as long as they stay in business.

I used to buy rebuilt calipers at Autozone with 50K mile and even Lifetime warranties. I usually need a brake job within 50K miles, so I would bring in my old calipers and exchange them for another set of rebuilt calipers at no cost to me. Just keep your receipts. Oddly enough, they never checked the mileage on my vehicle when I bought the calipers so they would never know what mileage the vehicle had accumulated on those calipers. That did not matter because my brakes only last about 50K miles and I just do the job between 45K and 50K. Of course if you get the lifetime warranty, then mileage is not an issue.

...Rich

Latest posts