Brakes and Rotors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanG 01

Reaction score
OK. i have read about the other posts on this, but you guys tend to go way above and beyond what the average Joe would purchase. I am having a friend change out my brakes and wanted to get info on some good pads and rotors that I can pickup at the local auto store. Any suggestions. I do about 9k/yr. No offroading, just city and highway driving.

thanks in advance

Dan G

Anything name brand will be fine. Even the cheap rotors from Autozone with Duralast brake pads will work great.

Tom

Dan,

The reason people go "way above and beyond" is because if you do it yourself, then you can get much better parts for the same price you would pay for average parts if a shop did it.

I go above and beyond because I drive like an A&& hole.. !!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Some places charge 100-140 front or rear, plus cutting the rotors or drums...

side work, like a friend, or neighbor ???? I charge them $60.00 labor with their parts...

Todd Z

Dan, pick up all the parts, Drive here for the meet ( I know you have house stuff, but this is more important) and we will do them after the meet on saturday....

And for you, No charge !!!

Todd Z

Todd,

I dont think my pads will make it until then. Although a tempting offer. Believe me, I would LOVE to come down.

PowerSlot Rotors with Hawk SUV pads. Great combo. I'm bias I sell them for the Trac.

Brakes are easy to do. I'll never pay for that service again.

We bleed brakes on the race car after each session on the track. Takes longer to pull the wheels off.