Brake TSB (09-1-6)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1cntrler

Reaction score
I was on the NHTSA website today looking up something on my wife's Lexus IS350 and when I was done for giggles I put in the information for my '07 Trac to see if there was anything. This got my attention as both my brother and my wife have complained to me about the brake feel on my Trac. I've been driving it daily since July 2006 and I guess I'm just accustomed to the way they feel to me, but on the occasions when my brother or wife need to drive it usually the first thing they say to me when they get out is how spongy and unresponsive the brake pedal feels.

Anyone know what the "updated" pedal that was released to fix the issue has that is different?

Below is a link to the PDF of the TSB as well as a link the the "updated" part.

Part: http://www.quirkparts.com/oe-ford/8l2z2455b

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've always complained about that since it was new. I even took it back to the dealer under warranty and they said it was normal. I'm used to it but I don't like it.

I think that not too long ago Todd Z said he had changed his brake fluid over to Amsoil full synthetic brake fluid and it made a big difference. I want to do mine also. I have never been happy with the brake pedal.

Benny

Latest posts