Brake rotors and pads.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need to replace the rotors and brake pads on my 2004 ST. I don't need anything that's performance upgrade, however, I do like the semi pads that don't leave all the crud and debri over the rims.

What's a good brand of pad and rotor that works properly and doesn't cost an arm or leg.

I see eBay has several combos of pads and rotors. Are these any good?

Rock Auto actually sells AC Delco pads. Not bad at all. I've installed them on the rear, and on numerous friend's cars/trucks. I've done ceramic for the most part. Good stuff that ceramic. I noticed a difference from semi-metallic, actually.

Both Wagner and Raybestos have rebates going right now. That makes them a very good deal. I've used the Wagner Thermoquiets and was satisfied.

Scroll down on this page for rebate info. Also check Rockauto's price while your there.

For no dust and decent brakes. Price out several name brand rotors and middle to top of the line ceramic pads..

You will be good to go.

I would recommend the Raybestos Quiet-Stop pads. They are a Carbon-Ceramic material. They don't squeal or throw off much dust, and they stop great. I used them on my 2003 ST and was very impressed with them when compared to the OEM pads.

...Rich

I agree with Vic. Get NAPA ceramic pads, almost no dust at all, good pedal feel, don't cost a ton. Also I like their ultra premium rotors, they cost more but last longer.

I did these a few months ago. They are heavy duty upgrades and I know you said you don't need that but if they're within the price range you're looking at, I have been very happy with their ability to stop my 35" tires on steel wheels. Got them on Rock Auto. Haven't looked at the rebate to see if it applies.

Raybestos Advanced Technology Rotors 680027 $49.79 x2 = $99.58

Raybestos Advanced Technology Ceramic Brake Pads ATD833C $52.89

Latest posts