Brake Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Smink

Reaction score
Are the areas I've circled the anchor plate pins? If not where are they? Where else do you have to apply grease?

[Broken External Image]:

Yep, that is them. They should be removed from the caliper support bracket, cleaned if need be, greased, slid back in and make sure the boots are sealed as they are right now...

When removing caliper protect the brake lines by securing the unit so that the brake lines do not have the caliper weight on them.

I also extend the pistons and clean and grease them,it must work because I got 63k miles from the last set of front pads on my 01 4x4!

by Tom B,8/8/2008 17:37 PT

I also extend the pistons and clean and grease them,it must work because I got 63k miles from the last set of front pads on my 01 4x4!

I don't recommend doing that, the only thing the grease will do is make all the brake dust and whatever else is floating around out there adhere itself to the piston. These should be kept clean and dry, after all that is what the dust boot is for that goes around the piston