Brake leak on the ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James White

Reaction score
Hello all. it has been some years last i posted on here.

I do not know if this had been reported but if not then this may be a heads up.

I installed the explorer sway bar back in 2002. Best single upgrade you can do. But it seems that it is making contact with the brake line ( rear passengers side ) when looking at the from the rear the right sway bar bracket. the damage was on the left side of the bracket at the bend of the line. It took about 5 years to before the leak started.

So if this has not been reported before and you installed the upgrade sway bar you may want to look.

Last edited by a moderator:
James - This has been reported a couple of times this year. Doesn't hurt to bring it to peoples attention again though.

Just FYI, the Zabteck sway bar is a different design and one of the features is that it doesn't come close to any brake lines.

b23fc24afd76cb75381634e16f298e88.gif

The Zabteck Performance Sway Bar is a direct bolt in replacement for your stock rear sway bar. The bar comes with new lifetime greased polyurethane bushings and new brackets. You reuse your old end links. The stock sway bar measures an average of .75" dia. Our sway bar measures 1.1" dia. Another nice feature is this bar does not require special holding collets like some other aftermarket bars. Installation is quick and simple. The handling is greatly increased and body roll is greatly decreased. If you are upgrading your front sway bar, our rear sway bar is a must for safety and reliability.

Check the link for info.

Last edited by a moderator: