Brake clip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok so i just changed the brakes and a weird thing happened...the inside pad on the passenger side was completely wore off, the outside pad hardly wore. The drivers side had about a third pad left inside and a half or so on the outside.

Ok so that being said you can now see my question...why the difference? The clip on one side (passenger) that holds the pads in is bent a little up near the top but down where it holds the pad it is fine. Is it possible that this little clip that does not appear to be hitting anything is somehow affecting the wear of the pads. Or is there something else i am missing. The amazing part to me is that these pads and rotors were only two years old and maybe 50 kms on them. If they both wore even on passenger and driver then maybe i could see it but help what am i missing?

Thanks guys

Sticking slides, pins or caliper. As nick said did you lube the metal to metal areas that slide on each other.

same thing happened on my trac. the inside pad on the passenger side wore down completely. they were the factory pads and i have about 65,000 miles all other pads still had about 1/3 of material left.

oops forgot to mention i always clean and relube those dang pins...i was kind of wondering if it wasnt this bent clip keeping the cliper from free floating but that again sounds like it would be the pins hmmmm...thanks anyway guys

Does the lube come with the new pads? If not what kind of lube? Where are the pins? Can you tell I'm going to be doing this on my Ranger?:rolleyes:

They usually have the lube in little foil packs for a buck or so at the counter and register of most parts places. I know I've seen them at AutoZone, and I think I've seen them elsewhere.

Latest posts