Boy's in the Shop

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriMaury Kimbrough

Reaction score
My boy is spending a couple of days at Ford this week and he'll spend a couple more days there next month. This trip he's getting a new thermostat housing and new front bushings and tie rod ends (I think that's what he called them). We didn't even know the thermostat housing was leaking. We've seen no drips and we hadn't noticed the reservoir was empty. It had to have happened in the last couple of weeks because I checked it myself last month. Next month he'll get new rotors and the bearings re-packed. I had to break up the trips just so I could afford it.

I know those are all jobs that we could do, but I would rather pay Ford to do it and get the work warranteed. The Hubby is a good mechanic, but his warrantee kinda sucks. We made the decision when we got the truck that we would do oil changes, plugs, wires and that kind of stuff and Ford would do the major work.

I certainly can't complain about repair costs on my truck. We've had him for 9 years, this weekend he flopped to 110k miles and the only major repair has been a new clutch. The new clutch was the the Hubby's boat's fault. Notice I take no blame for that, even though most of the time you got a nice aroma of burning clutch I was behind the wheel.

:driving:

So I miss my truck, but love the excuse to hot rod the Hubby's bronco for a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts