Boycott FORD movement.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know to me, fanatic christians are just as bad as fanatic muslims. They may not be blowing themselves up but they are just as stupid and wotrthless. Guess that's why I'm not a religous person.

You know to me, fanatic christians are just as bad as fanatic muslims.

Actually worse. The fanatic Christians forgetting one key point about being a christian. Love!!! They don't have it in thier hearts where a true christian does.

Tom

There is one of these for practically every company. Type into google, yahoo, etc. any company and sucks (ie, Fed Ex sucks, Dell sucks, Best Buy sucks, etc.) and you will find a multitude of websites against that company for various reasons. This one happens to be backwoods and stupid.

As seen on a bumper sticker, "Dear God, save me from your followers."

The Hawk :cool:

Just because they are using the name "Christian" doesn't mean they are still following the will of Christ. So many Christians get caught up in so many things that just don't matter in the end. Most of the Jews at the time of Christ were not happy with Jesus because he wouldn't oppose the Romans. They just couldn't believe that God could love the Romans, too. They wouldn't listen when He said to "get your own house in order, then you can see to help others". We need to get ourselves straight, then others will ask how we do it. Forcing it has never worked.

Christ has it right. We just need to follow His example. Not our own.

Iam a born again Christian, but not a fanatic..Iam conservative in what I believe..but if I was to boycott everyone that plays up to anything against my beliefs, I wouldnt have anywhere to shop..so I stay out of the mess the fanatics stir up...

I do take offense to those that would lump Christianity as fanatics..there are more of us that are not than the few that get nutty and give christians a bad name....

If you dont really know what Chistianity is, you have no right to be predgious and put it down because of a few nut cases that dont know Jesus either..IMO

Jesus said you that are without sin cast the first stone..I dont know anyone including myself...:D

Yeah, Fast Eddie...

I take issue with those who object to the rights of any group voicing their beliefs. It is ok to stomp around and carry your gay banners, but if you do the same thing as a Christian..you're a fanatic and you should be silenced.

The real hypocracy lies in the liberal ideals. Free speech for everyone (as long as you say the say what we want you to say).

I don't support these sorts of boycotts. They do nothing anyway. Ford (like any other corporation) is chasing the dollar. They'd be fools to NOT do this. Just like they'd be equally foolish to NOT build cars outside the US. Why hire expensive, lazy Americans?

Just sell them cars.

but if I was to boycott everyone that plays up to anything against my beliefs, I wouldn't have anywhere to shop

LOL. Well spoken Eddie. I have nothing against good christians or any other organization as long as they keep out of my face and focus on themselves instead of trying to change everyone else's beliefs. And don't they realize that by creating an uproar, they are only adding more publicity? Just look at the Da Vinci Code. It never would have been as popular if they hadn't made such a big deal over it. Religous fanatics made Dan Brown a rich man.

A LOT of proclaimed Christians are not what they think they are and make real Christians look bad. One part of being a good Christian is setting a good example. Ridiculing and judging others is not being a good example.

Whether any Christians responded to his book or not, Dan Brown's book would have received the extra publicity just because he used the name of Jesus and said the bible and the church were wrong. People seem to like that kind of stuff.

I don't like what Dan Brown did, but he has the right to do it in this country. I just feel sorry for him if he doesn't turn around before he reaches the end of his life.

I don't recall reading that the Dan Brown book said the church was wrong. Then again, some things I can not remember and other things I can not forget.

The Da Vinci Code is a fiction novel. Imaginenation at work. It doesn't matter if it is a book about Rambo, monster trucks, flying people, outerspace, space people, or anything else. It is a fiction novel and that is all it is and that is all it should be seen as.

I guess some peole are unable to distinguish between real life and an imaginary world.

Tom

If anything, I'd boycott Ford because the Ford Foundation (run by the Ford family) donates money to all sorts of whackjob liberal causes and organizations. That said, the capitalist/libertarian within me says it's their money so they can do what they want.

As I understand it, the problem is not with whether it is fictional or not. The problem is with his assertion that he based his book on newly unearthed historical documents that refute the Bible, and that the early church knew about it and suppressed the information.

The DaVinci Code was a great book. I look forward to seeing the movie. My faith, or lack there of, has nothing to do with it. Boycotting Ford or protesting the film or whatever is as silly as the Muslim backlash over that cartoon image of Mohamed. If you don't like what the book or film has in it, don't see the movie! Don't buy the book! But on the same note, how dare you complain about the book (or film) if you never read it? Most of these nut jobs are basing there opinions on what their preacher tells them. They haven't read the book and never will...As far as Ford goes, I will ALWAYS drive Ford trucks. I don't care if they forge the frames in hell and Satan himself tightens the lug nuts. I will still drive Ford Trucks!!! Love my Trac!:wub:

Actually Brown just "borrowed" some ideas from a previously written non-fiction study of secret religious history and made a fictional story. Every religious nut seems to think he came up with all this stuff on his own.

I'm with Fast Eddie on this one. I am a Born-Again, Conservative, Bible Thumping Christian. I do believe that Homesexuality is a sin, just as lying, and murder are. I do believe it's a choice. I don't believe that supporting sin is something that should be done.

However:

the capitalist/libertarian within me says it's their money so they can do what they want.

says it quite well. On the other hand, I control what I spend MY money on.

It's like with the Dixie Chicks, Tom Cruise, George cLooney, Michael Moore, Air America, and associated ilk. They want to go out and spout off their rubbish, but then they complain that no one buys their albums, sees their movies etc. You piss people off, they don't support you. You have your right to free speech, we do too.

Back to the topic of Ford:

-My church is with the AFA on thie one and supports the boycott. I have yet to sign on.

-My church is also supporting a boycott of Da Vinci Code... I havn't seen the move yet, but not because of this fact.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

But I guess it's currently popular to bash Christianity. The gays, muslims, poligamists, Scientoligists, illegal immigrants, Child Molestors, terrorists, atheists, and crooked politicians are all A-Ok to support to your hearts content.

Ironic, eh? The only ones that promote love and tolerance of all people are the ones who are criticized for being closed minded.

Latest posts