Bought 2003 Sport Trac today what is this switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Price

Reaction score
New Sport Trac owner as of this afternoon. My 2003 4X2 has a lighted toggle switch where the 4x4 selector switch (if applicable) would be. It does not light when flipped and I can find no mention of it in the manual or the interactive CD that came in the documentation. What is it and what does it do or supposed to do?

Thanks.

Maybe previous owner wired in some back up lights or installed some driving lights and removed them. Im sure other members will be asking for a pic so we can see what you are describing. :haveabeer:

Here's a photo of the switch. it looked factory to me, but i guess it may not be. Do you know what this is? Thanks.
26dbc71c310d2d8123aaea6cd92b3e8b.jpg

maybe it is cruise control

The round green switch right above the cigarette lighter is an aftermarket switch. If it does not light and you can not find what it does I suggest pulling it out and seeing if there are any wires connected to the back of it. It probably was for an accessory the prior owner had installed (a/m fog lights or off road lights?) that were removed when he sold it and he left the switch in there to cover up the hole.

I have the exact same swtich that I bought to use with my off road lights.

Latest posts