Boston Vacation, looking for info please.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Family, (four of us) plan on a little trip to Boston. Just wondering what you suggest at seeing and doing up there?

Where is a good location to stay? Those kind of things.

Thanks in advance...

Kevin,

The last time I was in Boston was over 13 years ago. I stayed at the Westin hotel. It was pricey but my company was paying so that was OK with me. Most people like to stay in the Back-Bay area.

There are lots of historical sites that date back to the Revolutionary War etc. Lots of good resturants and lots of lobster and sea food. We had lobster at a place called Victoria Station. It's a group of old railroad boxcars converted into a resturant with cozey little dinning rooms. It's near where the USS Constitution is docked (Old Ironsides) and also near the Computer Museum.

A good Italian resturant in the North Italian district is Felicia's. It's an upstairs resturant and the waiters looked like they were part of the Gambino Family (the Mob) ;) As you walk up the stairs, they had autographed photos of famous people who had eaten there over the years, like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennet, etc.

I went in June. and the weather was nice during the days, but cool in the evening especially the one evening it rained.

Have a good time.

...Rich

Do the walking tour in the historic North End, covers all the hsitoric stuff.

Hang out between Quincy Market and Faneil Hall in the evenings, usually some type or performance there...

You can stay anywhere in the area and ride the 'T' (like the subway) to get anywhere you want to go.

Also, look into the Museum of Science and go to the observatory at the top of the Hancock Tower.

We live 15min. north of town, check with hotels north of town should be cheaper but let me know where you plan on staying and maybe I can give you and your family some advice!