Body to Frame Ground Strap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector Colon

Reaction score
My Ground Strap under the driver side section of my Trac is corroded. It is the Ground Strap that connects the Body to the Frame or Chassis. My question is: Does anyone know where I can get a new ground strap? What is the part number? What gauge is the Strap? It's one of those braided ground straps, since corroded, i'm guessing around 6-9 inches long, looks stainless, not copper and my guess is about 4 guage.

Could someone please assist with my questions or maybe confirm my guesses?

Thanks.

:banghead:

Any metal wire or strap will do Kragen or autozone would have it...unless your set on going OEM

You can use battery cable with eyelets on each end. May have to compensate the bolt size. But you will be ok.

I agree with the others. When I did my body lift I added a Monster Cable (Stereo Wire, really thick) as an additional ground strap from the frame to the radiator support.

Jerry,

Excuse my ignorance, but why did you do that? Just wondering if it's something I should be concerned with doing.

Well, I just think the factory ground strap is really thin and being that is is now stretched abit with the body lift I figured I'd add an extra one just to be safe.

I had extra Monster cable laying around so I used that. You can just get a batery cable like eddie suggested if you want.

I'm gonna be adding two more, one to the frame-bedand one frame-cab sometime soon.

:banana::haveabeer::eek:nline::supercool:

A good ground is a necessity when you have electrical problems ...esp in a "plastic" truck ...fading lights ...blinkers not working well ...electricity will Always find the easiest ground even if its on the other side of the truck. If you dont have any problems ...dont worry about it

Thanks Guys, Actually went to Advanced, although I'm an AutoZone guy and got a 15" Universal Ground Strap. Just had to relocate the end going to the body, as the original location, the bolt seems to be rusted and corroded so bad that it wont come off.

:banana:

Latest posts