body mounts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A S

Reaction score
hello my fellow sport trac owners......I have been a member since I bought my trac...but I don't post often...although I visit daily.....here is my issue....my body mounts ....under the cab...the donut mounts that the cab sets on to the frame rails....they are just about under the front seats if looking from under the truck....are completely disintegrating....I started to hear a creaking/knocking/rattling sound a few weeks ago....bought some silicone spray until I gave up and finally crawled underneath the truck...and I was shocked to see the mounts are totally shot.....I don't do offroad...towing...or heavy loads....just highway driving.....its a 2003 XLT bought new...with only 65,000 miles....quotes from dealers say its about $600 or more to replace since the cab must be lifted off the frame to replace them....a search on google has confirmed that others are having the same issue...have any of you experienced this problem...any advice would be greatly appreciated...doesn't look like a job I want to do myself....why would they go bad so fast....I have never seen this in any other vehicle I have ever owned...foreign or domestic.....HELP????

Chris, even with the body lift you'll still need the factory mounts/ bushings. The pucks from the body lift simply go on on top of the factory mounts. Get in touch with Torrie or coastiejoe for cheaper priced replacement parts. If you lived close enough to me I'd help you replace them. :banana::haveabeer:

Latest posts