Body Mounts Shot!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Long

Reaction score
I was under my Trac checking out the stock exhaust (about to be non stock) when i noticed my passenger and driver side body mounts are falling apart, 2 on each side, the rubber mounts are what are falling apart. How hard to replace? Do I have to take the cab off or just raise? It is an 01 with about 102K.

Thanks,

Pretty easy to do. Just loosen up all the bolts jack one side up at a time and replace them with the new ones. I did a 3" body lift on mine last summer so I know from experience how easy it is. Make sure your on level ground and use red loctite when you go to tighten down the bolts and retorque them about a week later.:smile0006:

I thought the same thing when I did my body lift but that's what the instructions said to do.? I haven't had any issues yet, and I've put the truck to it's limits offroad.

Loctite a few exposed threads from the top of the nut, after re-torquing them. Works fine.

Better yet. Replace them with locknuts. Done deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bama, as the others said, they are not hard to do. They are more of a pain in the but type job as compared to a HARD job.

You really can't do one without loosening the other in order to get the gap needed to slide them in an out. If you do one side at a time, it should keep the cab lined up as it was before you started the job.

Thanks everyone, this sounds to be a fun job! After I get my exhaust on I will focus on the mounts. I would just do a body lift if i didn't just buy tires. Besides I'm sure i would need new rims for 35's and convinceing the wife on that would be almost impossible.