Body Mount replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phill R

Reaction score
I have a question on replacing body mounts. I have found that mine are starting to break up and I'm looking to pick the brain of some that have done this themselves.

How involved is this? Does the body need to be lifted or can they be done as it sits?

The truck does need to be lifted slightly. Most people will tell you that it is a pretty involved job. The best I have heard was like 6 hours . In most cases people say a weekend. All I know is that if you need to do these and you want do a body lift. Do it at the same time.

Phill, there are a lot of posts about body mounts on the site (ford really needs to recall these things). It is a pretty hard job but not impossible. Just depends on how good you are with cars. I had mine done just because I didn't feel like running into all the possible issues (bolts spinning, getting bolts out).

I was looking through posts on this. Part pricing isn't bad but the job looks to be time consuming.

I cannot tell for sure but do the seats need to be pulled?

Latest posts