Body Mount Bushings

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read, yes, that others have used them for our models.

I used the Energy Suspension Soft Universals. Two sets per box. just needed two boxes to do the inside 4. I also had to buy my own bolts and add a few thick washers because they are just slightly shorter.

Rodney,

You say 2 boxes will do the whole cab? How much shorter? Do you remember the bolt size and how many extra washers?

Thanks

I thought there were three total for the cab? ES would be my preferrence as well. I read your post on them. Are they working good for you?

The only ones that were deteriorating in mine were the 4 center. Under the floorboards and under the front seats. So those are the once I replaced. Each box had two full sets so I basically got four upper/lowers out of two boxes.

I cant give you exact measurements, sorry. I was so frustrated at breaking the bolts and having to sawzall the old mount hardware out that I didnt record specifics. The bolt I got was a bit long so I had to add a few extra washers on the bottom too. Pics in library.

The difference in height was about 1/4 of an inch. I could slide the new body mounts in and out of the space between the mount and the cab with it jacked down.. so I knew it was smaller than the front and back bushings. So I jacked it back up some and added two fat washers which made it a tight fit.

This may not be the perfect solution but my bushing were almost completely gone and now the ride is back to normal and all creaking popping noises are gone.

Here's a pic.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the upper and lower on the center 4 bushings. I was going to do all 8 sets but I could not, for the love of all things, get the bolt out of the front set (the ones under the hood).

But the two sets under the hood and the two sets under the back seat were not eroded at all.