Blu Ray Firmware?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
So, I buy HP and the 1/2 blood prince Blu Ray. Put it in my Sony BDP-S300 player. Goes to Title screen, then promptly shuts down the blu ray, restarts it, and repeats problem. Thinking its the disc, get a new one. Nope, same problem. Guy tells me to update my firmware, its easy, image a CD and your good.

What the freak is image a CD? I have gone on the website, copied the required file onto my computer, then extracted all to another folder. Then I am told to burn an image onto the CD. Uhmm, I don't have that option. I am running Windows XP at work, and Windows vista at home.

Anyone out there know how to image a cd?

And this is better than HD?!?!?!

And NO I WILL NOT BUY A PS3!

Image a CD is you take the downloaded firmware and put it onto a disc. You then insert the disc into your dvd drive and it will then update the firmware. I've done it to one of the drives on my computer before. Not a big deal. The dvd player in my living room is done in the same maner. I've done it 3 times so far in the past 6 months. Usually the products site will give you a rundown on the update procedure on the same page as the firmware update.;)

I havent used this personally, but if you don't have a burning software like nero or roxio, then follow the instructions in the link to burn the iso file to a cd.

An ISO is an image, easiest way to think of it is like a picture of all the files in the right places, so when you burn the image, you will actually have multiple files and maybe directories burned on to the cd.

It should work as a cd, most dvd players read cd's just fine and the update is only 50 megs so it will fit on a cd fine.

JerryA,

Like JD said.

I assume you downloaded a .ISO image file. If so, find a copy of any freeware CD burning software, or better yet, get an old copy of NERO, and use that to burn that image to a writable CD.

Then boot your player with that CD. It should flash the firmware.

TJR

So, how do I image the CD? I can burn or copy. When I burn, my Blu Ray indicates it can't read the file. the instillation instructions say to "Burn Image, Do not create a data disc. In order for the update disc to work, you must creat it using the "Burn Image" option of your CD burning software"

USB thumb drive is the easiest way to do it.

Sony web site will tell you how to create the folder and file on the drive.

You download and save to the file on the thumb drive, stick it in the Machine and it updates it.

Latest posts