blacked out tail lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about the black and/or carbon fiber"Altezza" tail lights, or do you want the "blackouts"? "Blackouts" are not tail lights, they are smoked/black tail light covers that attach to the stock tail lights. Blackouts can be bought on-line from various places such as autoanything.com and stylingconcepts.com. They can also be ordered via PepBoys/AutoZone. Such palces can also order you the "Altezza" lights which would be in either crome, black or carbon fiber finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
if your looking for the smoked look, just get some clear coat and drop a little black in it, mix it well and spray on your stock tail lights for that custom look.

yes he might have asked for "NEW" taillights but i was giving him another option for that blacked out look. and I too have the Black euro TYC lights.

but the TYC black taillights aren't Blacked out, blacked out means the whole tail lights is black like a tint over the plastic you can either get the covers/spray them black with clear/black)/ or tint them. The TYC black tail lights are Altezza style black euro taillights, NOT blacked out tail lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
i helped my friend smoke his tail lights on his civic the other day, it was pretty simple. just find a hobby shop and get some tint spray, tape off the reverse light part (the little circle). and spray on. finish with a clearcoat. they came out pretty nice, no pictures though..=[

As Karma Police has stated blacked out means the whole tail lights is black and the "Altezza" is the e-bay tail lights, the APC and TYC Euro/Altezza style which is why I had stated prior and asked if he wanted the "blackouts" or "Altezza" lights.

N-E ways Josh, you can try Karma's suggestion to "tint" the stock lights, or if you want them blacked out and don't trust yourself with paint/tint a quick and easy thing is to buy the covers.

If you want to look at Carbon Fiber Altezza lights by APC, check out the pics on my libary. The link by tracnblack will be for the TYC black, not blackout Altezza sytle lights.

I used to have "blackout" covers on before and they should be somewhere around the house. If you want I can take a pic of them mounted on the stock taillights so you can see how they look.