black 08 with saleen supercharger

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcobra302 78

Reaction score
took my wifes st in for service and tires this morning. there is a black 08 with saleen supercharger and no roof rails that the service guy said arrived yesterday. i am pretty sure it is someone's from this site. looking at what was the trade in value. they do not have a price for it yet as it just came in.

really nice truck. i have been wanting to get back into a mustang but this might be a better alternative for me if the price is right. dealership is in latham ny

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be ChargedTrac's truck and it's very very nice. You will not find a more affordable Saleen supercharged ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
just sent him an email. i was hoping for affordable but you know how dealers are when they get a hold of something like that.

thanks for the info

Gerry - I replied to your email. Specifics on $$ trade\deal with the dealer I will not be sharing to the public. I'd be glad to answer any other questions about the truck's history and condition offline. Thanks.

Joe

Thank you Eddie. I will always appreciate the assistance you gave me a couple years ago on the roof rack delete. :haveabeer:

its listed on the dealer site but no pics yet. it is a really nice and well done. modifications are very tasteful. when we picked up my wifes st, it was not on the lot.

Chargedtrac, your very welcome.

Your mods are very clean. Great match for good looks. Good job on power mods, also.

I wish I could afford it. I would have to shiped to texas. Since my divorce. First time in over 20yrs, only one vehicle in my driveway. I would love to suprise the local ricers and a few others...LOL

Shame you had to sell it.

If the new owner doesnt take care of it. I would bonk him on the head...:bwahaha:

With your experiance. Hang with us your still part of the trac family.......:driving:

I'd been pondering for a few months relinquishing the SST to get back to better fuel mileage and 87 octane. Hard to explain and it has been a tough deliberation. Loved the truck (best vehicle I have ever had), what I had modded it into, and had a blast with it. Re-evaluating finances and the expense of keeping it and having\maintaining a second vehicle didn't make sense for me right now, so I wrapped thnigs into one Fusion. Just a choice I decided to make.

I hope that having shared what can be done to a great truck, might inspire someone else of what is possible, given a few extra $$ resources. In time I will probably realize not having the use of a truck around could force my hand again, and if so would hope to find a decent used Sport Trac. I'm glad I took a few in truck videos, so when I find myself missing that supercharger whine and roar I can get a quick fix. :grin:

I'll stop in here on occassion. Always glad to share my ST experiences and to continue to learn a bunch on a pretty decent forum. :driving: :supercool:

Silly Member Question - why wouldn't you be willing to share financial data with the members? The dealer could make as much as $5000 pure profit - all sites show details of transactions, NADA, TrueCar, Edmunds, KBB, and so many more - just curious why a fellow member would have to go out and play the dealer game instead of offering a fair profit and knowing that the deal is done - just curious - on a past note, you could have flipped for an E85 tune, picked up some horses, and been well under $3.00 per gallon for 105 octane fuel - this would have saved you $25 per tank - In my driving habits of 2 tanks per week, its $200+ per month in savings even with the 2mpg drop -

They could have paid $22,000 or $16,000. What's it matter? It doesn't change the retail value. You shouldn't need to know what they paid for the truck to determine if you're getting a good deal. You have NADA, TrueCar, Edmunds, and KBB. Look it up yourself and negotiate your best deal.

If a member should deside to keep his details private then I think we should respect that.

you and I know that - because we are in the business - why it matters is that a member that pays $5000 too much - they are $5000 upside down and him and his family will pay an extra year or two covering the profit mistake because no one asked - its one STA guy looking out for another - car business will survive despite a ST guy getting a deal - would you agree?

S-SVT... The way you asked the question and then proceed to explain why I should be so forthcoming, speaks volumes and not in a good way. Curiousity can sometimes border on inconsiderate if the wrong question is asked to the wrong person or in the wrong way. I have a much different view of divulging financial transaction details no matter how common place and freely others might be willing to provide. You obviously asked the wrong person.

I am quite content with how I parted with my truck, and I'm not going to bite on 'the fellow member' comment. Attempting to explain why I went about this the way I did, only lends itself to more back and forth, and the infrequent nonsense that I try to avoid when being a part of a car\truck forum. I try to be respectful, and hope for the same in return. I have tried to be a decent member, and may not have the blood-brother philosophy that you might be incinuating I should have. Right, wrong or indifferent I chose the path I felt was in my best interest, got a fair price, best use of my time and it was convenient. My truck was on ebay for a week prior and at one point 55 people were watching it. Someone could have had a good deal with where I had the reserve at. By the way, and so I can help to better inform, E85 was NOT an option nor would it have been a viable one on my truck. PERIOD. Your results, truck's ability, and easy access to E85 fuel are obviously quite different than where I am.

I really wish I could have given a short answer, no answer, or the first one I was originally thinking of. Please just let it go man.

All that 500+ horsepower...you have to try and get that monster to the track. Until then, 13.66 @101.99 is the number to beat for an ST. Then you'll really be the big dawg. You do have the dyno covered by a ton though. :supercool:

you could have flipped for an E85 tune, picked up some horses, and been well under $3.00 per gallon for 105 octane fuel

Supercharged SVT:

Not trying to derail this thread too far off topic, but what is the going price-per-gallon for E85 compared to gas where you live in NE? The reason I ask is that for the past couple of years here in IL, it's been only about 20 cents per gallon cheaper than regular gas. Prior to that, it was anywhere from 60-80 cents/gallon cheaper, but the difference between the two has shrunk considerably over the past few years.

As of today, gas is running ~$3.46/gallon, and E85 is at $3.19/gallon. I haven't crunched the numbers, but considering the lower MPG of E85, I don't think one would save any money running E85 at these prices.

I don't see people paying $5000 "too much" for this vehicle. Way to much info can be found online in regards to pricing and financing.

What they've got into it really is meaningless to a buyer. They could have paid next to nothing for it or they could be on a really tight deal.

The man isn't trying to help the dealer lure someone into a debt trap. He is simple stayin out of that process. He has already stated that he will provide any other information needed and he doesn't even have to do that.

I feel their price is a bit steep but the truck alone is worth in the 20s and you just cannot buy that kind of power for less than $8000 in that truck. It's also the ONLY track tested supercharged gen2 ST ever.

I'd pay extra for a vehicle that Joe has owned. The guy takes care of his stuff at an obsessive level!

Latest posts