Bikers- Check in now!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
It's been a while since we took inventory of the ST bikers on the site. Please check in if you are a biker and tell us what you ride. :banana:

Bonus points for a picture!

2004 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1600

[Broken External Image]:

I have 3 bikes.

2007 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic with a custom batwing faring with AM/FM/CD. 4,500 miles

[Broken External Image]:

1978 Honda CB 550K painted Ford Bright Island Blue. It now has a 4-2 exhaust and I plan on a full restoration soon. 10,000 miles

[Broken External Image]:

1983 Yamaha XC180k. 70 MPH and 85 MPG. Great for getting around town. 8,000

[Broken External Image]:

Tom

Nice bikes boys! Love that CB Tom. I'm going to cafe one of those for my next project. You should check out dotheton.com There are a ton of tricked out CB's on there..

all: nice pics and rides

tom,

a conflict of interest?

1983 Yamaha XC180k

1978 Honda CB 550K

2007 Yamaha V Star 1100

:banghead:

BTW: the valley dental guy is :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
You should check out dotheton.com There are a ton of tricked out CB's on there..

Personally, I can not stand Cafe Racers. I have been to dotheton.com and I thought it was pretty lame.

My full restoration will consist of a full teardown to the frame, engine rebuild with 1 mm over size pistons (you know cheap Jap Crap), new paint on the frame, relaced wheels, new windshield, rechromed exhaust, etc.

It should look nice when done.

Tom

all nice rides.

that ducati is really nice. I'm currently looking for a triumph bonneville from the 70's or a 70's norton commando.

Sold my little rocket (BONANZA Mini Cross w/100cc HODAKA Ace 100) off a while back but I have another mini that I hope to restore before I depart this earth. Not as fast as this one...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

2000 Ducati ST2

Also have a 1991 HD Police Special, but it's buried under some crap in the garage.

[Broken External Image]:

I thought you were asking for "bikes" not toys! The only two I can appreciate are the Ducati's. Would love to have one if they could make it so I can shift with the right foot... In my humble opinion, it has to have H-D on it. I know, I know, so they may not be the most reliable(much better than the 70's or 80's) the styling is getting a bit out dated(but still extremely functional) But the bikes can cruise all day at 70-80mph, get 45-50mpg and look damn good while doing it. Oh, BTW, this is a 2005 FLHTCU/I for those that know!! Bob

[Broken External Image]:

:cheeky:

Anything on two wheels gets my respect. It's what makes us different than the 4 wheelers. What is it about driving a Harley that makes u guys shun all other makes. Bleh.. Enjoy the breeze on your knees and all others who do.

:haveabeer:

But the bikes can cruise all day at 70-80mph, get 45-50mpg and look damn good while doing it

I am willing to bet I get more compliments on my Honda than you get on your UC. There is something about the Honda 4's that people go nuts about. From people following me to talk about it to people wanting to buy it on the spot.

It happens every single day I have it out.

Tom

Tom, I'll give you that. The only questions we get asked is "where ya from" and "where ya going". Most people know that we won't give up our bikes until our last breath leaves us. As fun as riding a bike is, to each his/her own. But a classic American bike, out in the middle of nowhere. Just kinda gets you right there...besides, how many non-American bikes have made the "IronButt" run?? Hmmmmmmm.......NONE!!. Bob :love: ya Tom

Bob,

I really wanted a Harley Softail or Road King. I just could not justify paying $10K+ more for one of those compared to my V-Star 1100 Classic.

The HD bikes are nice, but not 10K nicer. And I did "consult" HD guys and they told me to go with the Yamaha because of the price difference. One guy we as far as telling me if he knew then what he knows now about his bike, he would have gotten something other than an HD.

Tom

Latest posts