Biggest tires with a lowered ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about getting the EE lowering kit in the near future, anyone have any idea what the biggest tires I can fit on the ST with it lowered? I'd love to end up with the stuffed in look you get with some big tires on a lowered vehicle.

I had Michelin 265/70R16 LTX tires on mine. Slight (very slight) rubbing on tight turns. Mine was lowered a full 2 inches front/rear

[Broken External Image]:

I have 265/70/17. Lots of rubbing: turns, bumps, if I slow down too fast, etc, but I love the look.

[Broken External Image]:

I've got 285/60R17s on mine. I'm lowered 3 inches in the rear and my torsion bolts are gone like Jeff. They're not as big a circumfrance as Jeffs, but they are wider. They rub at hard turns, and the front tires stick out slightly. I'm thinking about changing to 275/60R17s on my next change to narrow them down a little bit, and cut down a little on the side profile. I also had to cut out a little bit of the inner wheelhouse on the rear because my bed is misaligned and they rubbed in the back.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

305/40/22 2" drop all the way around. Some rubbing in tight turns. Had to trim some plastic of the inner well. But damn they look good!!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]: