Big 3 Domestic sales tanking

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted deleted

Reaction score
Ouch! The link says it all... even sales of the once-popular F-150 are down huge, while sales of Hondas and Toyotas post yet another increase.

That means that the incentives should hang around for a while..... I'm counting on the $1,500 off my truck when it arrives in October. Would love to see %0 financing for 60 months as well, but I don't see that coming back with interest rates rising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe......thye will do those things and we can get great deals, the Shrinking Three will get their sales up and maybe the others will do what FMC did with the extended warranty and perhaps their sales will blow back up close to or above their paltry levels. :lol:

Just an FYI, the Japanese government is investigating Toyota for building unsafe cars. Go figure...

Tom

Dead link, Tom

I think I read that article before... it was for vehicles made several years ago, and I don't think any that were imported to the US.

Not sure what that article you linked has to do with poor domestic auto sales?

I did a direct copy paste.

In a first for the company, Toyota is also being criminally investigated by prosecutors in Kumamoto, southern Japan, over whether its quality-control managers had wrongfully delayed a recall that could have prevented a road accident in 2004 that injured a couple and their three young children.

Tom

No, I think Big Oil is so busy bathing in their profits, they can't see out the windows of their offices ;(

I've seen the article. Unlike over here, the Japanese government takes vehicle safety issues very serious. They are investigating 1 incident. How many incidents were there involving Firestone tires or dangerous gas tanks before our government decided to get involved? Of course their politicians are probably not getting the kickbacks ours are.

Latest posts