Better not leave it in the car

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,

The have a little automated fire truck parked on a shelf in each section that will respond to the fire and put it out...:grin:

Seriously, I imagine they probably have some sort of fire monitor and halon type system, afterall, No humans go into where the cars are shelved so the system can be housed in a very low oxygen evnironment to reduce the risk of fire. Other than that, the risk is about the same as any other kind of parking garage. But it is a good point.

...Rich

cool idea. We could use that at the medical center downtown Houston. Their parking garages are a mad house.

as a firefighter myself, Mark you bring up a good point. If I were faced with a car fire in that structure I would be hesitant on entering. simply because of the stability of the structure. I am sure they have some sort of system in place as Rich L said. Possibly like something at a gas station. For a secondary means of attack I would have to imagine they have a sprinkler fed system along with pre connects at every floor/corner of the structure capable of accepting a high rise pack. Very good point though.

A sticking throttle or the age old "I thought I was pressing the brake but must have been pressing the accelerator" would cause more than a small amount of damage in that precision hi-tech garage ! :cry:

Bill

Halon is illegal in most cases. But, as this is a non-human area, I would think it would be fine to use and it is very effective and causes almost no damage to the vehicles that were not in the fire area...

Wow, I guess Hungary really is in Eastern Europe after all. These things aren't new. Japan has automated parking garages up the wazoo.

The movie The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift even went out of its way to showcase one. Sure, the cool Western architecture and clean city in this Hungary vid look a lot nicer (The video gave me a Transporter vibe), but it isn't anything revolutionary.

It's actually more work to park in this thing than in the ones that I've previously been shown, and the garage isn't as cool. City looks cool though.

Can't believe it has not been mentioned yet. She was hot!

...well, she wasn't unattractive, but this is clearly a subjective thing.