best way to ship tonneau cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am trying to find the best way to ship the OEM Hard tonneau cover from Oregon to Illinois. Appreciate any tips from someone who has actually done it. How did you pack it. How di you ship it (ie, UPS, freight, Amtrak?) How much?

thanks

Bill is probably correct. Greyhound bus shipping is fairly cheap, but there is no door to door delivery. You will have to take it to the Bus station for shipping and it will have to be picked up at the at the local bus station closest to the destination.

...Rich

If you go UPS...Have the UPS store pack it.

If a Damage claim is made they will be responsible

I got burned on a claim due to the shipper did not "properly package"

I shipped one Greyhound from Utah to Cincinnati, OH for $60.00. I folded it and wrapped it in bubble wrap, then used carboard and made a box. No big deal... :)

Wow, thanks for all the replies. UPS -ground- wants about $200 to ship the Cover from OR to IL. UPS Freight is a little cheaper. The Amtrak and Greyhound options are definitely cheaper but more hassle for both of us.

thanks for all the input.

Did you check FedEx? It seems lately unless you have a commercial account, the private shipper is paying considerably more.

Latest posts