Best shocks for lowered ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40d6ccc3aa789b2aebc3aa221665e623.jpg

Might be the best shock karma, but it reminds me of MIB...I, II or III...your pick...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have much knowledge in this but I too had the same problem. I lowered it and the rear was banging like crazy. I bought the kyb shocks for the rear which explorer express has the part no. for. I put them in last week and what a difference. You will still get a little bang once in a while but nothing, I mean nothing compared to stock shocks. I am also waiting to install the front edelbrocks they had under explorer express. It is for lowered ST also. If the back changed drastically I can't wait for the front and my rear Zabtek sway bar. WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE. My stock shocks I could squeeze up and down with no effort thats how soft they are. The new ones you can't do it that easy. I have been searching around for custom lowered shocks but the ST has a specific shock setup especially for the front with that skinny stem to clear the rack and pinion. And they are not that hard to change either. the back took about 30 minutes with no jack just layed on ground and used a 13mm ratchet wrench for the top nut and two sockets for the bottom. you have to take the spare tire out for easy access. the front i didnt do yet.

Latest posts