Ben Roethlisiberger hurt in motorcycle accident

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Marano

Reaction score
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been taken to a Pittsburgh hospital following a motorcycle accident

Last edited by a moderator:
The 24-year-old Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle. He has pointed out Pennsylvania's 35-year-old state law requiring helmets to be worn was amended to make helmets optional.

Dumbass

As I type this, there has been no detail as to his injuries. That. of course, could change in the next few minutes. But, right now, I am not aware of the extent nor locations of his injuries. Could be foot, leg, arm, shoulder, head...........Helmet only protects the head; so, if he has a broken leg, why all the fuss about a helmet? The point here is let's wait and see how he's injured before getting on the not-wearing-a-helmet band wagon.

Just read an update..seems he ran his head through a car windshield and is in surgery. So, now I'll agree to side with TomT. Let the chastising begin.

:wacko:I've heard he is in surgery. Serious, but stable condition. Just goes to show that it can happen to anyone, even if they say it won't happen to me..ala Kellen Winslow Jr.

There are 2 kinds of people who ride motorcycles:

1. The ones who have crashed.

2. The ones that ARE going to crash.

And not wearing a helmet is just STUPID.

NOPE, those are the only 2! I ride myself(see my library) and not wearing a helmet just doesn't make sense at all to me. Even if the accident is in no way your fault, that offers absolutely NO protection for your head. I think it's extremly poor judgement....

From the Pittsburgh area news station, sounds like he banged up his head pretty good. Broken jaw, broken sinus cavity, teeth knocked out, head laceration.

But, no, helmets aren't necessary. :blink:

Been there done that...sort of. I did it racing motocross, not on the road. I was wearing a helmet, would have been really bad had I not been. He chose not to wear a helmet and now he must face the consequences.

From what I've read he got T-boned.

And he's a squid to boot. Who would have thought?

Hope he recovers quickly.

[Broken External Image]:

Might any of you guys that are chastising for not wearing a helmet be cigarette smokers, by chance?

I ask because cigarette smoking is another example of a personal freedom (like going helmetless in PA) and a choice that is considered by others to be stupid, and proven to be deadly.

Just checking...

;)

TJR

Nope dont smoke either, and that is just as dumb! I have lost 4 family members because of smoking. But I guess if you want to die go ahead, heck go out and ride your motorcycle with no helmet while smoking.:huh: :wacko::D

The reason helmet laws bother me so bad is because the AMA (American Motorcycle Assoc), spends all of our money to pay lawyers to fight for no helmet laws. But they let frivilous lawsuits all over country shut down Motocross tracks, and offroad riding areas.

When I rode our motorcycle, I always wore my helmet and not just because it was the law in Texas. To me, it's no different than putting on my seatbelt when I get in the truck. It wasn't always comfortable in the summer time, and I will admit to hating the helmet hair but it just made sense. When the hubby was 18 he was hit by a car while on his motorcycle. Broke his leg severly...but his head was fine.

From the looks of the picture it would appear that he hit the car first. From what i've heard he was at fault. I just wonder if Bill Cowher will have the "stones" to criticize his star QB for being stupid just like he did Santonio Holmes.

Well I'm a die hard Steelers fan and I'm not going to sit on here and complain about helmet laws. It's obvious that he made a stupid choice. I just hope he is ok.. All arguing aside..

I work for GEICO, so I heard about this early this morning at work. Here's what we heard. They were in one of the tunnels that lead in and out of the city. Some woman decided to make an illegal u-turn in the tunnel. Hit him, knocked him off the bike. He was then struck by another car and ran over. Now, I'm not so sure getting run over would leave you alert and concious so take that last part as exxageration lol

Just a dumb question, but would he not have a clause in his contract that would prohibit A. riding a motorcycle or B. if he rides a motorcycle he has to wear a helmet?

Latest posts