bedliner on cladding?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh ryan 3

Reaction score
I have the same problem a lot of you have, fading cladding. Has anyone painted it with bed liner? I think it would give it a cool rugged look and keep up against debris damages. Does anyone have pics or how to. I searched and couldn't find anything, I know there's a step by step to paint cladding in the project section. But wouldn't it be easier to use the roll on stuff instead of the spray? Would I need to use adhesive promoter, primer, or clear coat? I can always count on u guys for help. Thanks ahead of time.

somebody did earlier this year... I'm not sure if I care for it though...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1260368&REPLYCOUNT=11&sitename=mysporttrac

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=855791&REPLYCOUNT=13&sitename=mysporttrac

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Jerry Gerner just painted his gloss black. Looks awesome on a black truck. Gives it a more complete look, not an "add-on" thing. Maybe he'll chime in with a picture or two. (could just check his library, duh!) Bob

I find that spraying "tire shine foam" makes it look good..for a while. Of course, if you plan on painting it soon don't use that product.

Don't use Herculiner, it comes off after about 3 years. I am slowly peeling it off, need to sand it off and paint mine. Check my library for pics from when I put it on. Looked good for a year and then got dull and now is almost all off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like it would hold dirt like crazy, too. I've seen many people do it and usually swear how awesome it is immediately after. Craig's 3 year review is the first I can remember of someone actually giving a long term review.

It does hold dirt like velcro and is a pain to clean. I will try and get some pics of what my Trac looks like now with most of it peeled off. Funny thing abot it is the rear and front bumpers lasted longer the the sides.