Bed Rattles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Vidt

Reaction score
I searched and did not find anything on this. Does anyone else have rattles coming from the bed of their ST? When I go over rough roads I hear what sounds like loose parts in the bed rattling around. I think I have it located to the bed caps that run down the top of the long part of the bed. They appear to be loose to me but I am not sure how to remove them to address or test my theory. Does anyone know how to remove them? Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have seen posts about dash and interior rattles but not in the bed.

Thanks for you ideas.

What is the age of the ST? If its under warrenty, have the dealer tighten the bed mounts down. If not, you can do it. My bed flexes a bit, but mine is a 03 and I've hauled everything from concrete to furniture. Plus I've been rear ended twice.

I forget but look in the projects section of bed tighting or bed alignment.

Mine has done it since day one. Never could find it. Make sure the spare is aired up and cranked up tight. That will rattle. Dont take the bed caps off. You wont like the look. Not smooth like a standard bed.

Thanks for the thoughts. It is a 2007 I ordered last April and took delivery in June. If the spare tire check proves nothing I will have to try the dealer.

Thanks,

I have a rattle coming from the back of my 07 just over certain bumps and I can't hear it with the rear window up but it is anoying when the window is down. Sounds like something is loose towards the rear of the bed and from underneath. First person that figures it out you can have my KKM cone air filter (for v8) only used one month.

Thanks Bill [email protected]

bksptr, it's probably one of the retaining clips on the lower control arm. Does it make almost a jingling keys sound?

svt1848,

Yes I have a tonnaeu cover. When it is off it is worse. So I am thinking it is the plastic caps on the top of the bed. I was hoping to take them off to see if there is a way to make them tighter or to deaden the sound.

I still have yet to have the time to check the spare tire to see if it is loose.

As far as the tailgate it is tight. It always has been a solid thump when closing. And it is solid against the bed when it is closed no play in it.

Latest posts