Bed Rails

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David j

Reaction score
Couldn't find this in the projects section. So. is there anyway to get to the underside of the side bed rails? Thinking about adding the chrome tubular side rails. Looking for a way to access the underside to bolt them on. If you remove the inner fender wells, can you access it from there, etc?

Any help,

Thanks

You can try it that way but it'll be a stretch to get to the rear of the bed. Here a bed without the side panel so you'll see what you're up against.

7db1c5598457884c3e3244019f1a55a4.jpg

Think it would give enough room if the tire and wheel were off? I would need to go back as far as the back tie down.

Paul,

How do you get just that black rail cover off? Looks like you take off the tie downs but what else holds it on? I think I could get it to work if I can get that cover off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove the tie downs. Start at the front inside and roll the moulding to the outside to remove it. Be careful with the very last retainer back above the tail light. Very easy to break it.

A little more searching came up with these:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts