BED OUTLET

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keola P

Reaction score
Has anyone used the electrical outlet in the rear drivers side of the bed? I've been looking at it for a while and I have been wanting to make use of it, just don't know how or for what.

I've used it a few times. I've plugged a spotlight into it, an inflator for an airmattress while camping, a plug in cooler, my laptop and i think that's about it. I like having the outlet back there. I keep a spotlight in my truck in case I ever need to change a tire at night on a dark road. I've also used it to hook up tow straps to another vehicle at night.

I used to carry a small inverter behind the ST's back seats for increasing the usefulness of the cig-plug in the bed.

Used to power laptops, DVD players, coffee makers, etc, when tailgating.

TJR

i am an electrician and i was wondering how cool it would be to hide the inverter somewhere in the truck and run a duplex outlet (normal household outlet )mounted flush on the bed with a weatherproof cover and all somewhere around the 12v one. I would like some info , let me know what you guys think, i might just do it and make a tech article about it, INPUT INPUT

I pull a float in our town's Christmas parade every year. I put an inverter back there, plug in the lights for the float and it works out nicely. I think mine is 750 watts. I've also charged a cell phone and used it to power my AC/DC TV while camping. Pretty handy deal. Not even the Escalade EXT or Avalanche has one!

beach trac, you mean something like this?:D

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The switches you see in the center console and next to the bed power point are remote turn-on buttons for the 800W inverter mounted in the storage area. Excuse the messy wiring, it still needs some attention....:cool:

fuggin shweeet , nice work dude, did you use "old work" boxes and uf cable (it is made for underground wiring and has a thick sheathing around it? or just regular romex? , i must say nice work, but just to break your chops a little, it would have been nice to color match the interior outlet :p

Thanks, I used old work boxes and regular romex, I was just really careful how I routed it. The interior outlet is actually grey, although the flash makes it look white. Maybe I'll paint it a darker shade eventually..... too many projects, too little time.....:wacko:

Latest posts