Bed Mat Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question about the bed mat. Since it keeps things from sliding around, can you still slide something in? Like put it on the bed mat(lets say like a bucket) and slide it toward the front. Because sometimes you want to slide something to the front so you can still fit things toward the back, will you be able to do that with the bed mat.

Thanks, George T.

You can actively slide things, if you push them from the bottom and they don't have rubber bottoms.

It will make things tougher to slide in there. Which also means it will make things less likely to slide around once you get them in there. It's a trade off, but I think it's worth it.

I have the mat, and yes, it makes things significantly more difficult to slide in and out. As Larry says, it's a trade off. But one thing to note is that if there is something you truly need to slide something in and out, and if you know that item won't scrape up the bed while taking it in and out or while transporting it, you can very easily remove the mat temporarily. Best of both worlds.

The mat is great. Keeps things in place, can be removed easily for cleaning and if you need to carry say a stove or something that heavy you remove it.

I slide my hockey bag in and out. Does involve some muscle but nothing I'm not used to. But its well worth the trade.

I just got mine from our site sponor Walls Ford nice guys to work with and the freight to AZ from back East wasn't cheap but they knocked the price down.

So I got it for a little less and had it delivered to my door and didn't have to go to the Ford dealer twice; once to order it and once to pick it up.

I was scraping the black paint off the composite bed showing the whitish color of the composite looked bad

Latest posts